Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Visit to Sagara and Keladi

       
       On the way to keladi at sagara I was looking for Dr SK Ramachandra my class mate and hostel mate and a close friend those days both in Bellary and Bengaluru. He is an ENT surgeon practicing in Sagara. I enquired for him at a few medical stores and got to the right place. He could not place me first. It was a very pleasant surprise for him and his wife whose marriage I did attend in Sagara.
He hosted us lunch at samriddhi restaurant.
The second person whom I met was in Keladi.I went to his house though I had no personal acquaintance.He is none other than 82 yrs young Sri Keladi Gunda jois the most famous authority on Keladi and its history. He has established a museum from his family collection and donated it to Kuvempu Varsity free antiques worth crores. Very humble and simple person in his Panche welcomed me and my wife and talked to us as some long lost friends. In a short time he narrated the travails of his work and the struggle he made to establish the museum with both bureaucrats and governments.He is now on the board of deciphering aless understood script.When we took leave of him he offered kumkum himself to my wife and presented me with a book.I wish him long life and health.














During my Shivamogga visit I met two persons one I had never met before another after 40 years.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brilliant man Mr Jois.